The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is developed to provide a thorough knowledge of health and safety management system and practices to the learners who have, or are looking to develop into, a senior role in an organization for managing health and safety policy and practice.
Aim or Purpose:
- OTHM Qualifications are approved and regulated by OfQual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
- OTHM has progression arrangement with several UK universities that acknowledge the ability of learners after studying Level 3-7 qualifications, who are then to be considered for advanced entry into corresponding degree year/top-up and Master’s/top-up programs.
- OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honors, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
Who should Apply:
• Managers and supervisors who are responsible for their team’s health & safety.
• Employees of organizations to understand their health and safety responsibilities.
• Safety professionals and practitioners who wish to refresh their knowledge, and add international qualification to their profile.
• Project managers and directors to help them understand the importance of health and safety.
• Anyone responsible for looking after health and safety at workplace.
There are 7 mandatory units in this course:
• UNIT 1: Health and Safety Management Principles and Policy
• UNIT 2: Health and Safety Management Practice
• UNIT 3: Risk and Incident Management
• UNIT 4: Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture
• UNIT 5: Maintaining a Safe Workplace Environment
• UNIT 6: Health and Safety Law, Regulation and Influence
• UNIT 7: Development of the Health and Safety Practitioner
After completing the course, applicant will be entitled to:
Learners will be able to apply for HSE Manager. (With work experience) Learners could get Grad IOSH.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Of Qual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant masters’ degree programs in the UK.
Learners will develop knowledge and skills relevant to putting policy into practice, utilizing management systems and resources, risk and incident management, leadership and other skill development.
• 80 hours